Friday, July 9, 2010

End of Subbing

Well I am glad I got the opportunity to sub. It let me see that aspect of teaching from another point of view. I now know how important it is to make sure that when leaving plans for a sub, you make sure that all the supplies the class or sub will need is easy to get to or find. Each day I was there, I had to run across or down the hall for some sort of supply. Not that it was that big of a deal, it was just the fact that I had to leave my class alone, and go find what I/we needed. During the school year, I left my kids several times in the room alone. I mean when you need a bathroom break, you need one. But leaving kids that were not in my classroom all year alone bothered me. I dont know these kids. It was scary to leave them alone, so needless to say my sub plans will be checked about 100 times before I leave that day. Also, I need to make a good sub folder. Something that has got some good lessons in it if there ever is an emergency....guess I better get thinking on that!

1 comment: